Friday, July 12, 2013

Ironman 70.3 Mont Tremblant race report

Here's a late and brief race report about Ironman 70.3 Mont Tremblant.




I'll start directly with the results:



5:35h was by far my fastest half Ironman finish time so far. And considering that I did not train that much for it, I am more than happy with my result. Here's my training log for June. As you can see, I had less than 15h of training in June, prior to the race.



On the race day, all the stars aligned and I had a perfect race. The weather was nice, the roads were in perfect shape and this time I managed to pace myself almost perfectly.

It looks though that almost everybody had a great race. Usually 1:49h for the run is a pretty good time, but this time I did not place in the first half in my age group (153 out of 290 men in my age group). To put in perspective, a 1:49h run at Muskoka would have placed me on 18 out of 115 men in my AG.




Miha started the race with a nasty cold and I was very worried about her. The water was a little bit cold, which was OK for me but I knew that it would be an issue for Miha. And it was, she ended up swimming breast stroke for the entire swim leg. It took her 1:08h to complete the swim, but she did not give up and I am very proud of her.

All in all, we had a great time in Mont Tremblant. This race has a beautiful venue, perfect roads and it is very well organized. We are probably going to signup again for the full Ironman in 2014 and this times two of our friends might join us and complete their first Ironman.

A few more pictures:

Getting hydrated before the race:

Miha, showing off:

Our future Ironmans,  enjoying a vegetarian meal:




No comments:

Post a Comment