Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bucket List

Today I was reading a post on SlowTwitch about What's Your Endurance Bucket List?. Skimming through the entries I found quite a few that were interesting and so I've decided to make my own Bucket List. This is work in progress and it will probably change quite a bit in time:

So, here it is, in a random order:

 - Qualify and finish the 5 World Marathon Majors: Boston, New York, Chicago, London and Berlin

 - Qualify to Ironman World Championship 70.3

 - Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon

 - American Zofingen Long Course

 - Pikes Peak Marathon

 - Antarctic Ice Marathon

 - Athens Classic Marathon

 - Leadville Trail 100 MTB Race a.k.a. Race Across The Sky

 - Finish Savageman and get my brick in the wall

 - Alpe d'Huez Long Course Triathlon

 - Comrades Marathon

- Though Mudder

- Warrior Dash


- American Triple-T

 - Qualify for and finish the Ironman World Championship in Kona

- Skydiving

 - Take a ride on the highest roller coaster in the country

- Bungee Jumping

- Dog Sled ride in Alaska

 - Marathon every year till I am still able to walk 













10 comments:

  1. Bucket list are dreams! And every dream can be accomplished if you believe in it! GO BIG OR GO HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - Thanks. My list is still work in progress but I plan to seriously work on it this weekend and make it more comprehensive.

    John - YOU ARE RIGHT! After I read your comment I've decided to add more entries to my bucket list, not necessarily triathlon related. Some of them will be hard to accomplish but I'll still have a chance to do them if at least I dream about them. And I am also going to change the title to this post to "My Dream Bucket List".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before your list I would have said just Boston Marathon, but since I already have NY and Chicago I should call it like you do...run the 5!!

    BQ quest in 11'

    -Derek

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this article about the 5 World Marathon Majors a while ago and then I decided that I want to do all 5 of them. Each has its own strength. Plus each city is worth visiting and you can have a great vacation in the same time. Here's the article: http://running.competitor.com/2009/10/races/major-competition_6407

    Boston is first on my list. My next try to BQ is in 10 days from now, at Toronto Marathon. I think that I'll be close, but I probably I won't qualify. Anyway, I do think that I will qualify in 2011 and do Boston in 2012. Maybe we'll do it together and get to meet face to face. That'd be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have alot of the same,

    I will add
    - Tough Mubber and Warrior Dash
    - American TTT (4 tris (sprint, 2 oly in one day, HIM, in 3 days and its in Ohios mountain country)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks BDD. Those races are wicked cool, especially the Tough Mudder. All three are a must do for any adventurous athlete. I'll definitely add them to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOOOOO, I could have sworn that I was following your blog Doru! I kept seeing you comment on mine and I would tell myself hmmm wonder why he never posts on his blog. DOH! Blogger must have been acting up the day I clicked follow you.

    Well I have A LOT of reading and catching up to do here.

    Love the list man. Potentially doing the warrior dash next year, have one in central Ohio.

    I AM OFFICIALLY FOLLOWING NOW, I checked :) Good luck and get better buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following Matty. I am very lazy when it comes to updating my blog so there's not much to read.
    Thanks for the well wishes. I actually feel better than I thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doru - I left a message for you at the bottom of my blog :)

    Read post: Tag I'm it.

    ReplyDelete